Can Flooding Cause Structural Damage to my Raleigh home?
Flooded home? SERVPRO can help with water removal equipment and certified technicians. Call right away for best results.
SERVPRO in Raleigh Uses Advanced Mitigation Strategies to Reduce Flood Damage in your Home
One challenge presented by restoring flooded properties is the speed at which the property can become saturated with water. Fittings in the home like kitchen cabinets or under stair storage can further complicate matters by blocking off inner walls or flooring from conventional drying equipment.
SERVPRO flood restoration technicians work on:
- Emergency services water damage
- Ceiling leaks
- Leaking roof from storms
The construction of fitted cabinets can play a significant role in their suitability for flood damage restoration in your Raleigh home.
Cabinets with backing can block off the wall beneath, which, if wet, could become a prime spot for microbial growth. Clearing multiple layers like this can significantly increase the expected drying times for your home.
- Cabinets without backing can often be dried quickly along with the wall by drilling small ventilation holes and sealing them up when dry.
- Cabinets with a backing may require a drill saw to create vital circulation onto the wall and cavity. These holes can often be replaced with matching materials.
- Interior wall cabinets can often be accessed from the other side of the wall. However, turbo venting systems can further speed up the drying process.
Drying walls in your home is essential to mitigating flood impact. Contact SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon for flood damage restoration at (919) 250-0455.
How Long do Burnt Odors Remain in a Property after Fire Damage in Raleigh?
Fire and smoke residue can remain long after the fire has been extinguished. Contact SERVPRO for effective fire damage remediation services.
SERVPRO in Raleigh Can Assist with Fire and Smoke Cleanup
Fire restoration professionals have two main tasks to deal with at the site of a property fire. The first is to remove smoke residues that may have adhered to surfaces or belongings in the home. The second is for deodorizing smoke odors. Generally, once burnt materials and smoke residues are cleaned, the odors are significantly reduced.
We are here to help you with:
- Fire damaged homes
- Smoke remediation
- Fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup
The deodorization procedure for fire and smoke cleanup in Raleigh homes is dependent mainly on the severity of odor. A light odor may clear up with ventilation and removal or cleaning of smoke-damaged materials. A property with severe damages may require direct spraying deodorant application to surfaces or activated oxygen units to clear odors.
- Dry solvent deodorizers are helpful for application on hardwood furniture and flooring.
- Deep cleaning and sealing an HVAC system can help to limit odor issues in a property.
- Placing odor pellets or deodorant granules into loft spaces and outside air intakes can further reduce odor problems.
Odor control technicians can help. Contact SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon for fire and smoke cleanup at (919) 250-0455.
Can Wet Areas of a Raleigh Property Cause Water Damage?
Water can quickly deteriorate the contents and structure of your home. Team SERVPRO can help with remediation services. We are standing by 24/7.
SERVPRO is the Leading Company for Water Damage Restoration in Raleigh
Raleigh was purpose-built as the state capital for North Carolina. The region is one of the historic capitals of the US with buildings dating back to the 18th century that are open to the public for historical tours and education. Raleigh was a centerpoint for much of the secessionist forces during the American Revolutionary War and was earmarked as the potential capital of the United States should the Unionists be defeated. Today, it is a center for education with its several institutions making up one third of "the research triangle" which specializes in pharmaceutical and medical research. Walking around Raleigh greets the visitor to some of the South's most impressive architecture, not least the Capitol State Building which was constructed in 1840 and designed in the Gothic Revival style.
Much of the tourist attractions around Raleigh focus on its history through the last three-hundred years. The North Carolina Museum of History, for example, is a striking example of brutalist architecture and holds affiliations with the Smithsonian. The Yates Mill is a piece of living agricultural history and is the last of its kind in the South dating back to 1756. Modern entertainment centers include the Dorton Arena which was originally built as a trading hub for local agriculture before converting into a fully-fledged live music concert hall. Just around the corner is the charming, and aptly named, Little Theater that has an outdoor amphitheatre for summer shows. The downtown district in Raleigh North Carolina is a vibrant and bubbling place with contemporary cuisine, bars and entertainment where guests can experience that legendary southern hospitality.
- Foodies can find a home at some of Raleigh's finest eateries and shops. Oak City Coffee stocks superb South American beans while the Videri Chocolate factory is must-see for vacationers. Winding down with some excellent contemporary southern cuisine is best enjoyed at Poole's Downtown Diner, run by the Award-winning head chef, Ashley Christensen
- Some of Raleigh's leading landmarks are its stately homes. The Executive Mansion has housed 28 North Carolina Governors since its construction in 1890. The Mordecai house is the oldest in the city and listed with the National Register of Historic Places while the Pope house is a museum dedicated to Dr Manassa Thomas Pope lived and ran for North Carolina governor during the Jim-Crow period.
- The great outdoors is plentiful in this corner of the United States and visitors can take a trip to the State's educational forest, where tours cover the conservation and preservation of forestry, wildlife and lakes. The Raulston Arboretum and the William B Umstead State Park are also highlighted with the former housing over 6,500 plants.
SERVPRO Can Dry your Raleigh Home Quickly to Reduce Water Damage Expense
In most water restoration situations, water intrusion is confined to one area of the home. This fact does not make drying any less urgent but can often make the process more manageable for technicians and allow homeowners to stay on the property.
- Water removal services
- Water damage repairs
- Water damage restoration
Efficient drying in one part of the home relies on establishing drying zones. Drying zones allow technicians to concentrate equipment on a particular area that is usually sealed off from other areas. Greater control over temperature, airflow and humidity usually results in faster drying times and less damage.
- Drying zones are created by sealing off wet areas sometimes by blocking entrances or erecting plastic sheeting.
- Dehumidifiers are more effective in sealed drying zones since the low grain per pound (GPP) moisture in air is not diluted by exterior ventilation.
- These zones can expand across several rooms by daisy-chaining the relevant equipment.
Water technicians can help residents avoid costly damages. Contact SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon for water damage restoration at (919) 250-0455.
How Does Fire Damage Recovery and Controlled Demolition Work?
Fire damage cleanup is a customized task. Call our SERVPRO team to put together a remediation plan for your home.
Fire Damage Often Leads to the Need for Controlled Demolition of Areas Throughout your Garner Home
After a fire, you may worry that your home is a total loss. However, with skilled restoration efforts and controlled demolition, you can often restore your home to pre-fire condition. SERVPRO tackles each step of the restoration process with precision, adjusting as we go along to quickly achieve our goals.
When you have fire damage in Garner, there are a few things to keep in mind. One phone call that has to get made is to your insurance company. During this phone call, you will learn more about what you need to do to begin recovery efforts. Most often, the take-away to-do list may include the following:
- Ensuring that the structure is sound and protected. SERVPRO offers board-up and tarping services to address any vulnerable locations.
- Documentation of the damage should be done, including photographs.
- Selecting the best fire damage remediation team for the job.
- Commencement of salvaging as well as cleanup of all charred debris.
In some cases, controlled demolition gets done to remove any destroyed or questionable structural details or building materials. SERVPRO always works to rebuild rather than replace whenever possible, giving you incredible results that make your interior “Like it never even happened.”
When it comes to fire damage situations, no two projects are ever alike. SERVPRO of East Raleigh/Zebulon has the experience and training to ensure your project goes off without a hitch. Call us at (919) 250-0455 for a rapid response so that we may begin the assessment and cleanup process.
What Is Water Mitigation?
Excess water? Don’t fear. SERVPRO has the equipment and experience to tackle the water damage situation in your home.
SERVPRO Follows Proprietary Steps for Water Mitigation, Ensuring your Entire Raleigh Property Gets Back to Normal
You may not fully understand all of the work that goes into water removal and restoration efforts to ensure your Raleigh home gets returned to pre-water damage condition. This is where our skilled team at SERVPRO thrives, giving area residents incredible peace of mind.
We follow several significant steps when you contact us to help with water mitigation in Raleigh. After we arrive and perform the initial assessment, our technicians:
- Remove Water and Dry It Out – using wet/dry vacuums, dehumidifiers, industrial fans, and other tools; we begin extracting water and increasing airflow to achieve optimum drying conditions.
- Thoroughly Inspect Damage – We look at any areas impacted by water, determining what can be restored and what must be replaced. This may involve inspection of flooring, wall cavities, belongings, electrical outlets, and more.
- Disinfection – After your home is free of water and drying wraps up, we thoroughly clean and disinfect all surfaces affected by water. Our Green Fleet comes stocked with a full selection of EPA-registered cleaning agents.
No stone must get left unturned when it comes to water mitigation, regardless of the event that caused the emergency. We feature highly-trained and certified technicians that know how to adapt to each situation to ensure the best results. Our 24-hour emergency restoration services are here whenever you need them, which is the perfect way to restore your interior to preloss condition “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of East Raleigh/Zebulon when you need help with water mitigation. You can reach our emergency response team by calling (919) 250-0455.
Fire and Smoke Cleanup You Can Count On
Smoke can damage as many things as fire. Contact SERVPRO when your home is facing fire damage. We are available 24/7.
Raleigh Residents Need Reassurance After a Fire Emergency – Our Team can Handle All the Fire and Smoke Cleanup!
As the capital of North Carolina, the city of Raleigh is fondly known as the ‘City of Oaks’ due to the number of trees lining all of the streets throughout the downtown area. Additionally, Raleigh is the home of North Carolina State University. The majority of Raleigh is located in Wake County, with a smaller portion going into neighboring Durham County.
Raleigh Was a Planned City
Back in 1788, Raleigh was selected as the capital and then later incorporated in 1792. During the Civil War, this city narrowly escaped significant battles, only facing issues within the war's closing days. However, this does not mean that it escaped hardships economically. Just like the remainder of the American South, there was a notable economic decline throughout the Reconstruction Era. During the 20th Century and when Research Triangle Park opened in 1959, the region's jobs soared, and there was a boost in population.
Famous Names Coming from Raleigh, North Carolina
The city of Raleigh is home to several well-known actors, actresses, athletes, and political figures, including:
- Evan Rachel Wood – Actress
- Michael C. Hall – Actor
- Hunter Schafer – Model
- Andrew Johnson – 17th President of the United States
- John Wall – Basketball Player
- YBN Cordae – Songwriter/Rapper
- Josh Hamilton – Baseball Player
- Clay Aiken – Songwriter/Singer
- Emily Procter – Actress
Shopping, Dining, and Enjoying Attractions Throughout the Raleigh Area
Raleigh itself is home to a vast selection of educational, cultural, and historical sites. Whether you are going to make a day trip out of it or you are going to explore on vacation, there is something for everyone. Due to the nature of the attractions, businesses, and neighborhoods in the area, it makes Raleigh the perfect city to put down roots as well. Some top attractions and establishments in the city include:
- The Raleigh Grande Theater
- North Carolina Museum of Art
- Alamo Drafthouse
- Kings Dining & Entertainment North Hills
- North Carolina Museum of History
- Raleigh Little Theatre and Rose Garden
- Marbles Kids Museum
- Umstead State Park
- North Carolina State Capitol Buildings
Never Get Overwhelmed with Fire and Smoke Cleanup. Have SERVPRO On-the-Job to Restore Your Raleigh Home Fully!
While a fire emergency poses numerous challenges, calling SERVPRO to your Raleigh property is the best way to overcome each obstacle. Our attention to detail will ensure the best results and less time that your family gets displaced after the loss.
Fire and smoke cleanup in Raleigh begins after a few crucial steps. SERVPRO wants you to know three of the initial steps to bring the best results:
- Contact your home insurance provider – Before the cleanup begins, contacting your insurance company will start the claim process. Be sure to ask about coverages and any documentation they require.
- Building security – Depending on the fire, you may have areas where your interior becomes exposed to the outside. We are available to perform board-up services and tarping to secure your property.
- Damage assessment – This helps us to determine best practices for proceeding with the cleanup. Once the evaluation is complete, our crew leaps into action to handle all debris removal, soot cleanup, and controlled demolition.
Call SERVPRO of East Raleigh/Zebulon at (919) 250-0455 right away when you need assistance with fire and smoke cleanup. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Where Can Homeowners Seek Help After Water Damage?
Regardless of the way your home was impacted by water, call our experts for assistance with water clean up in your home.
SERVPRO is Ready to Offer Water Clean up Services in Raleigh at Any Time
Water can begin accumulating in your home quickly after a pipe burst, or an appliance malfunction, among other issues. To get rid of the pooling water, it is advisable to contact SERVPRO. Our technicians can remove all the water and moisture that various surfaces have absorbed. This can prevent further damage, such as the multiplication of microorganisms.
Standing water can ruin the wiring, foundation, and plumbing ducts of your home. By performing water clean up in your Raleigh residence efficiently, our team can prevent these issues. We know that dealing with water intrusion can be stressful because you have many responsibilities to take care of. The following are some of the reasons why you should let our team handle the restoration process.
- Fast response time
- Thorough water damage inspections using innovative equipment like thermal imaging cameras, moisture meters, and moisture sensors.
- Our goal is to consistently offer ethical, compassionate, and immediate help after a disaster strikes.
Our technicians have solutions for different types of water damage situations. Our team is trained in psychometry, which is the study of air and its properties. We can control airflow using air movers and dehumidifiers to work towards the drying goals.
When it comes to drying your home after a water loss, do not compromise your standards. Call the experienced restorers at SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon for help. Our 24-hour helpline is (919) 250-0455.
Whom Should Property Owners Rely on When Fire Damage Occurs in Raleigh Property?
If you need a company you can trust, call SERVPRO today for any of your water or fire damage remediation needs.
SERVPRO Technicians are Certified and Have Decades of Experience in Handling Fire Damage in Raleigh Homes
A fire can threaten the sense of security of your family. It would be best if you did not try to remediate the fire damage yourself. It is better to hire fire restoration professionals since they have the experience required to observe the right restoration process to return your residence to its normal condition.
The technicians at SERVPRO use specific processes when restoring a home after a fire loss. When you call us to perform fire damage restoration in your Raleigh residence, we can take the following steps:
- Confirm that your home is stabilized and ready to enter – Our technicians can check for structural damage signs that compromise the house.
- Reduce damage – We can clean the surfaces that have smoke residues properly to minimize the damage.
- Remove debris – We can remove all debris so that it does not affect the restoration process. Removing the debris also reduces airborne odors.
- Remove any possessions ruined beyond repair and those that are not damaged to prevent them from being contaminated further.
- Remove excess water and dry damp surfaces – We can use wet/dry vacuums, air movers, and dehumidifiers to dry wet surfaces.
- Deep cleaning, deodorizing, and removing stains – Our technicians can use air scrubbers to deodorize your home and clean the air. They bring in the air and pass it through several filters to eliminate any particulates and contaminants.
When you need fire restoration services, call SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon at (919) 250-0455. Our team can help you to repair your home quickly.
Efficient Restoration When Storm Flood Damage Occurs in Raleigh Properties
Contact SERVPRO today for assistance with storm flood damage in your Raleigh home. You can reach us 24/7 at (919) 250-0455.
SERVPRO Technicians Offer Professional Flood Damage Restoration in Raleigh to Make it “Like it never even happened.”
Founded in 1792, Raleigh is the County seat of Wake County and North Carolina’s capital city. Due to the many oak trees that line the city streets, the founding fathers named it the “City of Oaks.”
The city was named after Walter Raleigh, who had the intention to set up an English colony in the 1580s in the new area.
The city of Raleigh covers a total land area of 382 km square. It is among the fastest-growing cities across the U.S. According to the U.S Census Bureau, Raleigh had an estimated population of 474,069 as of July 1st, 2019.
Raleigh’s Parks and Recreation
The city has over 1,300 acres of water and approximately 9,000 acres of parkland. These provide the city’s residents with recreational activities year-round. Raleigh also boasts of a greenway system of roughly 180 miles. The system offers residents and tourists walking, jogging, and hiking trails. Other towns surrounding the city also have more parks and recreational facilities.
The City’s Fauna
Areas covered by hardwood as well as mixed conifer forests in the city host a wide range of wildlife, including:
- Canada geese
- Wood ducks
- White-tailed deer
- Wild turkeys
Home of Diverse Arts and Culture
Tourists, as well as residents, can enjoy original plays in parks and theatres. They may watch the Carolina Ballet, see a touring Broadway show, or listen to North Carolina Opera or North Carolina Symphony. The Duke Energy Center for Performing Arts is rich in various facilities, including an advanced symphonic music hall that can hold performances of any magnitude.
Raleigh city has three state museums, including natural sciences, history, and art. The museums are free for both tourists and residents. The three major museums include:
- North Carolina Museum of History: The museum began its operation at its current location in 1994. It offers innovative evidence that tells the history of the state.
- North Carolina Museum of Art: In April 1997, the museum turned 50 and opened an iconic gallery worth $75 million in 2010.
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences: It is the largest history museum across Southeast after moving to a different facility in April 2000.
Why Should Property Owners Seek Help from SERVPRO Restorers when Storm Flood Damage Occurs in Raleigh Properties?
Apart from the physical damage that occurs due to flooding, you may also experience hard to see damages such as odors and structural instability. Removing flood water from a home involves more than just using a rag and a bucket. It would be best if you had advanced equipment and tools as well as a team of highly trained restorers to get your property to its preloss state.
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has certified SERVPRO to handle flood damage across Raleigh and its environs. We use advanced equipment to speed up the restoration process. We can use self-priming trash pumps to extract excess water. Our restorers can use axial air movers and refrigerant dehumidifiers to dry your property.
Acting immediately after flood damage is essential to minimize damage. Contact SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon at (919) 250-0455 for fast and effective restoration.
Seminar Helps First Time Home Buyers In Raleigh Avoid Problems
Mold damage is a challenge you do not want to handle on your own. Call the professionals at SERVPRO for the latest equipment and techniques.
Learn How To Make A Raleigh Home Purchase Process Go Smoothly
Buying a new home is a massive commitment for Raleigh residents, and the first time homebuyer may feel overwhelmed. This engaging seminar teaches the basics, anyone considering a home purchase should know. Attendees learn how to choose a property, the bidding process, understanding credit scores, what debt to income ratio is, and why getting a home inspection can protect potential buyers. There is a free guide titled "The ABCs to Buying Your First Home" that will be given upon registration. This guide that participants get to keep gets used in the seminar. The host of the event is Ms. Veronica Saccoh. She is a licensed Broker/REALTOR® in the State of North Carolina and has experience helping new homeowners make their initial purchase. For any questions, please contact Ms. Saccoh by calling 919.322.9877.
- Date: February 6, 2021
- Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST
- Price: Free
- Location: URL for the virtual event given after registration
Choosing among commercial mold companies can be challenging. That is SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon at (919) 250-0455 go above and beyond in Raleigh properties when they handle remediation services.