What Methods Suit Smoke Cleanup Best in Raleigh Properties?
Fire damage restoration is a job for professionals. SERVPRO will be onsite within 4 hours of the initial call.
After a Fire, SERVPRO Professionals Work Fast to Eliminate Threatening Smoke Damage in Raleigh Homes.
Smoke damage is a common threat after structure fires. Partial combustion can create hazards and unsafe conditions like soot exposure, making it critical to begin emergency services and cleanup as soon as possible.
Removing Soot from the Environment
Circulating soot can be one of the biggest priorities for fire and smoke cleanup in Raleigh homes and businesses. Air scrubbers with HEPA filtration provide direct results for hazardous soot particles.
Eliminating Soils and Residues
Smoke generated during combustion can circulate in the property, and when aerosolized, allow particles to rest on porous surfaces that can be stained or marred. Dry chemical sponges and wet cleaning tactics begin the removal process, which often requires more aggressive measures like media blasting or controlled demolition.
Deodorization and Odor Removal
Reducing the overwhelming odors left behind after combustion and extinguishment requires several approaches working simultaneously. Factors like occupants still living in the house during restoration can limit the available deodorization equipment and products available to use. Some of the common neutralization choices are:
- Ozone generators
- Hydroxyl machines
- Thermal fogging
Soot and smoke damage can be tremendous obstacles for restoration after an emergency. Our SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon team is experienced and ready to help 24/7 at (919) 250-0455.
Cleaning Up After Flood and Storm Damage to Raleigh Homes
When a storm hits home, call SERVPRO for the storm restoration services needed for your home.
Our Experienced Professionals Respond Fast After Storm Events to Begin Cleaning Raleigh Properties.
We understand what a property needs after a severe storm common to our area begins with evaluating the property by our trusted SERVPRO IICRC certified professionals. We can reach damaged properties fast to begin this assessment.
What Cleaning is Necessary After Flooding?
Because storm damage in Raleigh can affect homes and businesses quickly in an emergency, specific mitigation actions are vital. Some include:
- Extraction – Not surprisingly, the first step in cleaning and recovery requires extraction and water removal. Our SERVPRO team has multiple tools to help.
- Sewage Removal – Flooding can often lead to an overflow of sanitary sewer lines and floor drains. When your home does not have any adequate backflow prevention, these concerns can make their way into the house.
- Muck-Out – Mud, silt, and debris can be carried in with natural flooding situations. Removing these soils and sediment is often the first major hurdle in restoration and recovery.
- Infestation – Severe storm damage and natural flooding can allow for more than water intrusion. Rodents and insects can find their way into the house and require removal to return the property to its original condition.
Post-storm damage recovery involves many processes for cleaning and restoring an affected property. As challenging as these circumstances can be, our SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon team is ready to help 24/7 at (919) 250-0455.
Stormwater Removal from Your Raleigh Home is a Job for the Professionals
Storms happen in our area. No worries! SERVPRO can totally restore your flooded home.
SERVPRO Helps Raleigh Homeowners in Stormwater Removal
Stormwater removal from your Raleigh home is the first step to deal with the aftermath of a storm. SERVPRO technicians use state-of-the-art water removal equipment such as truck-mounted extractors and different kinds of pumps to get the job done.
Once the SERVPRO technicians are done with the stormwater removal from your Raleigh home, the next step is to ensure that the structure and its contents are dried as fast as possible. To attain fast drying during water cleanup, SERVPRO technicians often establish a 'drying goal.' The drying goal that SERVPRO technicians institute often includes the following information:
- Moisture content readings from dry, unaffected areas
- Moisture reading (in percentage) for wood material
- Moisture reading (in points) for non-wood material
How SERVPRO Technicians Set Drying Goals During Water Damage Repairs of Your Storm Damaged Raleigh Home?
The water damage restoration technicians establish the drying goal at your Raleigh home in one of the following ways:
- Establish the dry standard-A dry standard is the moisture content of the dry unaffected area. SERVPRO techs consider a surface dry if the moisture content of the surface in the affected area reaches the same level as the dry standard.
- Use equilibrium moisture content (EMC)-It is the condition where the moisture content of a material is stabilized with relative humidity and temperature. At EMC, a substance neither losses nor absorbs moisture.
Technicians use moisture measurements to determine whether their drying goal is being met according to the dry standard or EMC set in the drying goal.
Call SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon at (919) 250-0455 for round-the-clock service.
Why Should You Wait for SERVPRO Technicians for Fire and Smoke Remediation of Your Raleigh home?
Even seemingly small fires can cause structural and electrical hazards. For safe fire damage restoration, call SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Puts Safety First During Fire and Smoke Remediation of Raleigh Homes
Fire and smoke remediation of your Raleigh home are potentially dangerous. There are many known and possibly some unknown hazards in a fire-damaged home. SERVPRO technicians exercise special precautions to work around these hazards.
SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified and undergo several hours of training to make fire and smoke remediation of your Raleigh home as safe as possible. Safety is the primary concern of SERVPRO restorers during fire damage restoration. Every fire damage incidence is different, and hence, the technicians need to anticipate unique safety challenges that a particular situation poses.
Common Safety Hazards SERVPRO Technicians Handle During House Fire Cleanup in Raleigh
Although many hazards lurk in a fire-damaged Raleigh structure, the most common ones include:
- Electrical hazards- If the electric supply is still connected to the fire-damaged homes, SERVPRO technicians check the power distribution panel and turn off all circuit breakers. We use instruments called ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) that can cut the power if they sense too much current while working in a wet environment.
- Structural hazards- Fire and smoke damage can create structural issues in buildings. Restorers are equipped with hard hats and work safety boots to protect them from falling debris if present. In some cases, an engineer needs to verify the soundness of the structure before fire damage restoration can begin.
Call SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon at (919) 250-0455 for fast and safe fire damage restoration service.
Raleigh Business Owners Turn to SERVPRO for Water Damage Restoration of Their Establishments
Water losses happen, and they cause downtime for businesses. SERVPRO is available 24/7 to remove the water!
SERVPRO Offers Premier Water Damage Restoration Service to Raleigh Commercial Properties
The cost of water damage restoration of your Raleigh commercial space can be significantly affected by how quickly SERVPRO professionals can get to work. Unmitigated water at your place of business can cause secondary damage, significantly increasing restoration costs.
SERVPRO technicians use several scientific approaches during water damage restoration of your Raleigh commercial property to speed up the drying process. The SERVPRO water restoration experts use their knowledge of Psychrometry (scientific study of air and its properties) to establish ideal conditions for drying. Besides controlling the temperature and humidity, controlling the airflow is a tool that SERVPRO techs regularly use during water damage remediation.
How SERVPRO Effectively Uses Airflow During Water Cleanup from Raleigh Properties
Air movers that provide continuous airflow are regularly used to speed up the drying process from water-damaged Raleigh properties. This equipment increases the rate of evaporation in the following ways:
- Removing the boundary layer-Evaporation causes a cooling effect. And the resulting outcome is that the air close to the wet surface becomes laden with moisture and becomes cooler, forming a layer known as the boundary layer. Once this layer is saturated with vapor, the evaporation stops. Air movers used during water damage remediation blow away this layer replacing it with a layer of drier and warmer air, speeding up evaporation.
- Circulating dehumidified air-Air movers work in tandem with the dehumidifiers during water remediation. The air movers create air movements that circulate the dehumidified dry air throughout the structure. It results in lowering the humidity ratio of the air and speeding up the drying process.
Call SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon at (919) 250-0455 for 24/7 water damage restoration.
SERVPRO is Quick to Respond to Storm Water Removal Needs of Garner Residents
Need water extraction from wet carpets? No Problem--Just call SERVPRO for fast storm damage remediation in Garner
Garner Homeowners Call SERVPRO for a Fast and Efficient Storm Water Removal Service
Leaking roofs from a storm can leave your Garner home in desperate need of professional storm water removal services. Standing water on your property can worsen an already bad situation. If the water cleanup is not done promptly, the water can seep into the structure causing secondary damage that can be difficult to mitigate.
Storm water removal from your Garner home needs professionals who can respond fast and start the mitigation process immediately. SERVPRO water removal technicians are backed by years of experience and equipped with state-of-the-art equipment to handle any situation. Besides, We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Equipment That SERVPRO Techs use During Flood Water Cleanup at Your Garner Home
SERVPRO technicians use professional-grade equipment during storm water removal services-
- Extraction units- These are heavy-duty equipment that can remove standing water from your Garner property in no time. SERVPRO tech uses both portable and truck-mounted versions of extractors depending on the volume of water. The truck-mounted extractors can extract 36,000 gallons of water a day.
- Light wands- Used for water extraction from carpets and are usually attached to an extractor. These are especially useful when carpet pads are removed.
- Deep extraction tools- These devices compress the carpet and squeeze out the water and remove it using a vacuum. The water damage restoration professional can stand on these devices to exert extra weight for a deeper extraction.
Call SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon at (919) 250-0455 for fast and reliable service.
SERVPRO Protects Raleigh Businesses from the Aftermath of Mold Damage
Mold remediation for a Raleigh property includes eliminating the foul odors--mVOC-micro Volatile Organic Compounds--SERVPRO AMRT techs can get it done
Professional Mold Damage Remediation Yields Best Results for Raleigh Businesses
Discovering mold damage at your place of business in Raleigh is never a good sign. If ignored, it can spread rapidly, and restoration can become exponentially more difficult. Besides, mold exposure can cause health effects to you and your employees as well.
Mold damage remediation in Raleigh should only be done by trained and certified professionals. SERVPRO mold specialists are IICRC certified and carry out the mold inspection, remediation and removal according to the EPA guidelines. Our restorers work closely with Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) professionals and Indoor Environmental Professionals (IEP) to achieve safe and efficient mold remediation.
What Mold Species Do SERVPRO Mold Specialists Deem Risky?
SERVPRO mold specialists of Raleigh have years of experience dealing with commercial mold restoration. We encounter many mold species in Raleigh that can have the potential to cause health effects, including the following-
- Stachybotrys chartarum (black mold)
Most types of attic mold and bathroom mold are allergenic and release Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds (mVOCs) that can cause allergies. Some other mold types found in your Raleigh commercial property might be toxigenic and produce chemicals called Mycotoxins. Not all species of mold produce mycotoxins, and those which do, don't produce them in all situations.
SERVPRO experts have the training and experience to deal with these mold species safely and efficiently. We use utmost care and precaution to limit the damage and prevent it from spreading to unaffected areas.
Call SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon at (919) 250-0455; we are here to assist you round the clock.
SERVPRO Assists Raleigh Residents During Flood Water Removal and Cleanup of Their Homes
Contaminated stormwater evaluation is an important part of flood mitigation in Caldwell homes. The borescope helps SERVPRO techs
Flood Water Removal and Cleanup by SERVPRO Keeps Raleigh Residents Safe
Flood water removal and cleanup from your Raleigh home need to happen fast to prevent any long-term damage. SERVPRO water damage restorers initiate the mitigation process as soon as they arrive at the site. We have a team of trained and experienced experts who can help your home get back to preloss condition as soon as possible.
SERVPRO experts face several challenges during Raleigh flood water removal and cleanup from your home. Floodwater is often contaminated with microorganisms and needs antimicrobial treatment before it can be safely removed. It is crucial to identify the contaminated areas before the water damage remediation process can begin.
Special Equipment SERVPRO uses During Water Removal Services at Raleigh.
SERVPRO technicians use several types of equipment during flood water damage mitigation in Raleigh after a storm to identify any visible signs of contamination. Two of the special equipment we use are-
- Luminometer (For ATP test)- It is an instrument used to test surfaces and water for the presence of contamination. They are a great way for the restorers to determine the level of contamination and decide whether they need a consultant.
- Borescopes- Also called inspecting cameras, allow the restorers to look into cavities and inside the duct work to identify any visible contamination. These instruments can record still images as well as video. With borescopes, the technicians can avoid unnecessary dismantling of structures that can be costly to repair.
Call SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon at (919) 250-0455 for 24/7 assistance.
Can Flooding Cause Structural Damage to my Raleigh home?
Flooded home? SERVPRO can help with water removal equipment and certified technicians. Call right away for best results.
SERVPRO in Raleigh Uses Advanced Mitigation Strategies to Reduce Flood Damage in your Home
One challenge presented by restoring flooded properties is the speed at which the property can become saturated with water. Fittings in the home like kitchen cabinets or under stair storage can further complicate matters by blocking off inner walls or flooring from conventional drying equipment.
SERVPRO flood restoration technicians work on:
- Emergency services water damage
- Ceiling leaks
- Leaking roof from storms
The construction of fitted cabinets can play a significant role in their suitability for flood damage restoration in your Raleigh home.
Cabinets with backing can block off the wall beneath, which, if wet, could become a prime spot for microbial growth. Clearing multiple layers like this can significantly increase the expected drying times for your home.
- Cabinets without backing can often be dried quickly along with the wall by drilling small ventilation holes and sealing them up when dry.
- Cabinets with a backing may require a drill saw to create vital circulation onto the wall and cavity. These holes can often be replaced with matching materials.
- Interior wall cabinets can often be accessed from the other side of the wall. However, turbo venting systems can further speed up the drying process.
Drying walls in your home is essential to mitigating flood impact. Contact SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon for flood damage restoration at (919) 250-0455.
How Long do Burnt Odors Remain in a Property after Fire Damage in Raleigh?
Fire and smoke residue can remain long after the fire has been extinguished. Contact SERVPRO for effective fire damage remediation services.
SERVPRO in Raleigh Can Assist with Fire and Smoke Cleanup
Fire restoration professionals have two main tasks to deal with at the site of a property fire. The first is to remove smoke residues that may have adhered to surfaces or belongings in the home. The second is for deodorizing smoke odors. Generally, once burnt materials and smoke residues are cleaned, the odors are significantly reduced.
We are here to help you with:
- Fire damaged homes
- Smoke remediation
- Fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup
The deodorization procedure for fire and smoke cleanup in Raleigh homes is dependent mainly on the severity of odor. A light odor may clear up with ventilation and removal or cleaning of smoke-damaged materials. A property with severe damages may require direct spraying deodorant application to surfaces or activated oxygen units to clear odors.
- Dry solvent deodorizers are helpful for application on hardwood furniture and flooring.
- Deep cleaning and sealing an HVAC system can help to limit odor issues in a property.
- Placing odor pellets or deodorant granules into loft spaces and outside air intakes can further reduce odor problems.
Odor control technicians can help. Contact SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon for fire and smoke cleanup at (919) 250-0455.