Can Wet Areas of a Raleigh Property Cause Water Damage?
SERVPRO is the Leading Company for Water Damage Restoration in Raleigh
Raleigh was purpose-built as the state capital for North Carolina. The region is one of the historic capitals of the US with buildings dating back to the 18th century that are open to the public for historical tours and education. Raleigh was a centerpoint for much of the secessionist forces during the American Revolutionary War and was earmarked as the potential capital of the United States should the Unionists be defeated. Today, it is a center for education with its several institutions making up one third of "the research triangle" which specializes in pharmaceutical and medical research. Walking around Raleigh greets the visitor to some of the South's most impressive architecture, not least the Capitol State Building which was constructed in 1840 and designed in the Gothic Revival style.
Much of the tourist attractions around Raleigh focus on its history through the last three-hundred years. The North Carolina Museum of History, for example, is a striking example of brutalist architecture and holds affiliations with the Smithsonian. The Yates Mill is a piece of living agricultural history and is the last of its kind in the South dating back to 1756. Modern entertainment centers include the Dorton Arena which was originally built as a trading hub for local agriculture before converting into a fully-fledged live music concert hall. Just around the corner is the charming, and aptly named, Little Theater that has an outdoor amphitheatre for summer shows. The downtown district in Raleigh North Carolina is a vibrant and bubbling place with contemporary cuisine, bars and entertainment where guests can experience that legendary southern hospitality.
- Foodies can find a home at some of Raleigh's finest eateries and shops. Oak City Coffee stocks superb South American beans while the Videri Chocolate factory is must-see for vacationers. Winding down with some excellent contemporary southern cuisine is best enjoyed at Poole's Downtown Diner, run by the Award-winning head chef, Ashley Christensen
- Some of Raleigh's leading landmarks are its stately homes. The Executive Mansion has housed 28 North Carolina Governors since its construction in 1890. The Mordecai house is the oldest in the city and listed with the National Register of Historic Places while the Pope house is a museum dedicated to Dr Manassa Thomas Pope lived and ran for North Carolina governor during the Jim-Crow period.
- The great outdoors is plentiful in this corner of the United States and visitors can take a trip to the State's educational forest, where tours cover the conservation and preservation of forestry, wildlife and lakes. The Raulston Arboretum and the William B Umstead State Park are also highlighted with the former housing over 6,500 plants.
SERVPRO Can Dry your Raleigh Home Quickly to Reduce Water Damage Expense
In most water restoration situations, water intrusion is confined to one area of the home. This fact does not make drying any less urgent but can often make the process more manageable for technicians and allow homeowners to stay on the property.
- Water removal services
- Water damage repairs
- Water damage restoration
Efficient drying in one part of the home relies on establishing drying zones. Drying zones allow technicians to concentrate equipment on a particular area that is usually sealed off from other areas. Greater control over temperature, airflow and humidity usually results in faster drying times and less damage.
- Drying zones are created by sealing off wet areas sometimes by blocking entrances or erecting plastic sheeting.
- Dehumidifiers are more effective in sealed drying zones since the low grain per pound (GPP) moisture in air is not diluted by exterior ventilation.
- These zones can expand across several rooms by daisy-chaining the relevant equipment.
Water technicians can help residents avoid costly damages. Contact SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon for water damage restoration at (919) 250-0455.