Why Is Mold Damage Remediation in Raleigh Often Unsuccessful?
Ensure mold inspection, remediations, and removal follow research-based protocols, why SERVPRO ranks highly among Raleigh mold specialist
When homeowners in Raleigh need mold damage remediation, what should they look for in a contractor? Black mold removal companies who promise complete attic mold removal or permanent basement mold remediation might not be the best fit. Seek instead a mold remediation firm that also has a solid background in efficient water damage repairs and structural drying.
Why Consider Companies Offering Water Removal Services When Your Raleigh Home Needs Black Mold Damage Repairs?
The simple answer is that mold inspection nearly always reveals previous water damage and lingering moisture. Our crews are trained not only in the mold remediation protocols of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) but can also trace, mitigate, and remediate water damage that caused the mold infestation. Without a foundation in moisture management and elimination, mold problems will recur in your Raleigh home, which is why SERVPRO fits the bill.
How Does Mold Take Hold in Your Home?
Mold spores are tiny and are always present both inside and outside your home. They cause few issues as long as excess moisture is unavailable. If burst pipes, roof leaks, or basement flooding are not resolved, the spores absorb the water and multiply. Claims to eradicate all mold and spores are not sustainable, which is why SERVPRO takes a more comprehensive approach.
What Does SERVPRO Focus On During Mold Remediation?
The EPA protocol includes:
- Finding and remedying the moisture problem
- Locating the mold, black or other species
- Containing the space with the infestation with 1.6 mil polypropylene and employing air scrubbing equipment that exhausts moldy airborne particles during remediation
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) by SERVPRO workers
- Mechanical removal of mold colonies by brushing, scraping, or specialized dry ice or soda blasting techniques
- Clean up using HEPA filtered vacuums and wipedowns with EPA-registered cleaners and antimicrobials
- Disposal of moldy materials following local hazardous waste rules
Long-term successful outcomes are why SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon adheres to the proven mold remediation procedures developed by the EPA. Call (919) 250-0455 to schedule an evaluation.