How Should Homeowners in Garner Arrange for Post-Storm Flood Removal?
Garner residents can follow practical tips to limit structural and contents damage until SERVPRO arrives to assess and plan flood restoration
Torrential rains and winds cause significant damage in Garner, but flood removal techniques instituted by educated residents can minimize the effects. Calling your insurance company and SERVPRO immediately for evaluation and emergency services for water damage are the first steps, while commonsense actions as you wait mitigate some of the worst effects.
What Hints Help Garner Homeowners Improve Basement Flooding Cleanup Outcomes?
It is vital to observe safety protocols. Do not enter a flooded area if:
- Electricity is live
- You smell gas or notice broken utility lines
- Water is trapped overhead
- Sewage cleanup is needed
Flood damage is overwhelming, so take a moment to plan for interventions that have the most impact:
- Shutting off utilities if you can do so safely
- Moving electronics, documents, and valuables to dry areas of the home or another secure space
- Raising furniture on blocks or sliding foil under legs to prevent staining
- Removing area and throw rugs, clothing, and other items from the floors
- Take pictures.
- Note where you store removed items.
- Keep track of how long electricity is off to help assess whether refrigerated or frozen food is safe to consume later.
How Can You Partner with SERVPRO After Our Crews Arrive?
Have confidence that our company, managers, and crews are fully trained and certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) in a wide range of water removal services and applied structural drying. Refrain from interfering with the operation of equipment intended to effectuate water damage remediation, including:
We pride ourselves on clear communication and integrity, so ask any questions and participate in planning with our team. Our goal mirrors your desire -- to make flooding damage “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of East Raleigh / Zebulon is ready to work with you and your insurer to restore flood damage in your residence. Call us 24/7 at (919) 250-0455 and expect crews to join your water clean up efforts as soon as possible.